The Saeco HD8911/47 Incanto Classic Milk Frother Espresso Machine produces great espresso at an affordable price. It is a medium functionality and priced espresso machine in Saeco’s Incanto line. It features the capability to produce 4 delicious beverages at the touch of a button, it is beautifully styled in stainless steel and black. It has an integrated milk carafe, and it grinds coffee with the long-life ceramic grinders for which Saeco has become famous. It has 5 different settings for the grind. Saeco has provided that extra touch throughout, such as the classic milk frother which makes incredibly smooth froth.
- 4 different beverages at the touch of a button including Espresso, Espresso Lungo, Milk Froth, and Hot Water.
- Long life ceramic grinder with 5 adjustable settings for fineness of grind, from the finest grind for a full-bodied espresso to the coarsest for a lighter coffee.
- Beautiful Italian design
- Classic milk frother for velvety smooth froth and foam
- Super Easy to clean with a fully removable brewing group that can be easily removed, cleaned by simply rushing it under the tab for a few seconds, and then reinserting it.
- Quick Heat Boiler quickly heats water to rapidly provide the beverage you want when you want it
- 5 strength settings with a “memo” function that remembers your personal preferences
The Saeco HD8911/47 Incanto Classic Milk Frother Espresso Machine is perfect as a compact super automatic espresso machine to provide high quality espresso quickly, simply, and at a moderate price. The Quick Heat Boiler works in conjunction with its light aluminum and stainless steel body to reach the optimum temperature almost instantly.
Five Settings: You can customize your espresso with five different settings of the length of the brew and the temperature. This Incanto espresso machine makes it easy to replicate your favorite drinks with the memo function, which memorizes your personal settings.
Ceramic Grinder: Like many Philips Saeco espresso machines, the grinders in this machine are made from ceramics, which are exceptionally hard and precise. Ceramic grinders in this Incanto super automatic espresso machine eliminate any burnt coffee flavor sometimes experienced with steel grinders. You experience the full pleasure of the aroma and taste of your coffee unaffected by flavors imparted by grinding. The ceramic grinders have an expected life of at least 20,000 cups of espresso–far longer than steel. The 5 grinder settings provide a range of grinds from finest grind for a full-bodied espresso to the coarsest grind for a lighter coffee. Note that this machine can also use pre-ground (powdered) coffee, should you want to make decaf.
Classic milk frother: The Classic Milk Frother is for those who enjoy the role of master coffee craftsman. You can easily create a rich, silky layer of foam to crown the coffee you’ve brewed.
The Italian styling of the Saeco HD8911/47 Incanto Classic Milk Frother Espresso Machine, is quite attractive and will fit into any kitchen. The compact design will almost certainly work well in your kitchen.
- Adjustable ceramic grinder for long life and great taste
- Four 1-button beverages
- Will work with powdered coffees, allowing decaf, etc.
- Automatic cleaning
- Automatic descaling
- Easily removable and replaceable brew group provides for easy cleaning under the tap
- Classic milk frother provides velvety foam to crown your drinks
- Energy efficient; automatic off switch when not used
- Compact size fits most any kitchen
- Attractive Italian styling
- Like a number of other espresso machines which grind their own beans, some owners report issues with feeding oily beans through the brew process.
- Earlier versions of this machine had a “flimsy” magnetic switch which would sometimes fail, rendering the device inoperable. Saeco reports the current switches do not have this problem.
Final Verdict: Should You Buy This Model?
This Saeco Incanto Super-automatic espresso machine is a very popular and well-reviewed machine. It is rich in features at its moderate price point, and it is very popular with customers. This automatic espresso machine produces four tasty beverages automatically, with minimum maintenance, and with easy cleaning. This Incanto HD8911/47 Carafe Super Automatic Espresso Machine provides a wide selection of drinks at the touch of a button. It is designed for long life of major components, like the ceramic grinder. We recommend this product.
Comparable Models To Consider
Saeco HD8917/47 Incanto Carafe Super Automatic Espresso Machine (View on Amazon.com):
is the “big brother” in the Incanto line to the Saeco HD8911/47 reviewed here. You might want to consider this slightly more expensive model to get a number of additional features such as the capability to produce 6 delicious beverages at the touch of a button (Espresso, Espresso Lungo, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato, Hot Water, and Milk Froth), its upscale Stainless Steel styling, and its integrated milk carafe. Saeco has provided that extra touch throughout, such as the milk frother which froths the milk twice to remove all impurities and make the froth incredibly smooth.
Gaggia 1003380 Accademia (View on Amazon.com):
You also may wish to consider a Gaggia model, another producer of fine super automatic espresso machines. The Gaggia 1003380 Accademia features an adjustable telescopic coffee dispenser, allowing the easy use differently sized cups. Like the Saeco, this Gaggia super automatic expresso machine also features a high quality ceramic burr grinder. The double lid aroma saver enhances the flavor and aroma of each cup of coffee.