The DeLonghi Magnifica S ECAM23460S Digital Super Automatic Machine with Lattecrema System (View on Amazon.com) is a compact bean-to-cup machine that has big-time features in a smaller size that will fit conveniently on your counter. Its smaller size does not compromise taste or functionality. The Magnifica S has full functionality to customize your espresso and other coffee drinks as you wish. The Magnifica S compact fully automatic espresso machine includes the features of De’Longhi’s full-size machines, but in a smaller, more convenient size. This espresso machine is equipped with a manual adjustable cappuccino device to allow easy preparation of a superb cappuccino, coffee, or hot milk. Features include a long coffee button, cup holder and water filter. Be your own barista with the Magnifica S by De’Longhi.
A rich set of features sets this espresso machine apart from many of its competitors.
- Fully Automatic Espresso/Cappuccino Machine produces your perfect drink with the touch of a single button.
- The De’Longhi’s LatteCrema System produces richest, thick, long lasting foam for your beverages.
- The De’Longhi Magnifica S features a dual thermoblock system which consistently provides the best brewing temperature for espresso and other beverages.
- The integrated milk carafe, which can be placed in the refrigerator for storage between uses, with produces steamed milk for Lattes and frothed milk for Cappuccinos and Italian Macchiatos.
- For your convenience, the De’Longhi Magnifica S includes a removable, easy to clean brewing unit that provides optimal brewing pressure every time.
- The unit automatically adjusts the quantity of coffee for 1 or 2 shots of espresso.
- This unit has an integrated stainless steel burr grinder with 13 adjustable settings to deliver perfectly ground beans every time.
- Super easy-to-use digital control panel makes producing perfect drinks a snap!
This compact automatic espresso machine is a high quality machine with many advantages in its segment.
- Compact size provided full super automatic espresso machine capabilities in a small footprint.
- Easy to use
- Built-in Crema system
- Almost everything is easily adjustable, starting with the automatic grinder to the ultimate beverage you are producing.
- As De’Longhi says, the De’Longhi Magnifica S ECAM23460S truly is “The Art of Espresso Made Simple”.
This unit generally has few disadvantages.
- The compact size somewhat limits the size of the water reservoir.
- Like most similar machines, the grinder may need some encouragement to move beans along that are “oily”—especially on fine grind settings.
Final Verdict: Should You Buy This Model?
The De’Longhi Magnifica S ECAM23460S most importantly makes great tasting coffee beverages. It provides rich crema, flavor, and a great aroma.
This is a full featured Super Automatic Espresso Machine that makes it simple to prepare a wide variety of coffee drinks. The ECAM23460S has the look of and is a super quality product, the digital controls are easy to use and intuitive. Cleaning the machine is also well designed and quite easy. This machine allows you to enjoy a tasty and high-quality beverage any time you want. Like many De’Longhi products, it is feature packed, easy to use, and is reasonably priced. It is certainly a desirable choice.
Comparable Models To Consider
DeLonghi America EC680B Dedica (View on Amazon.com): If cost is a big factor when it comes to buying your next coffee machine, then you may want to consider the DeLonghi EC680B. This sleekly designed features a thirty five ounce water tank and takes up only six inches of counter space. The foam it produces is favorably comparable to the foam prepared by much more expensive coffee machines. Since it features thermoblock technology, it takes it only forty seconds to heat water to the right temperature to prepare a delicious cup of coffee.
DeLonghi EC680BM Dedica (View on Amazon.com): The EC680BM Dedica is also a great choice for those who are on a budget. It features high quality stainless steel construction that complements your kitchen decor. Features include an automatic flow stop, a cappuccino frothing system which produces Barista quality foam, and thermoblock technology for quick heating.
Gaggia Anima Prestige (View on Amazon.com): While it’s a bit more expensive, the Anima Prestige from Gaggia includes many great features. For example, its water reservoir has a massive sixty ounce capacity, meaning that there is no need for frequent refills. A one touch auto-frothing milk carafe and rapid steam technology help you great improve the taste and aroma of each cup of coffee you make with this amazing coffee machine. The unit easily adjusts for cup size. The pre-infusion feature ensures maximum aroma and flavor extraction for each cup.