Giovanni Gaggia invented and patented the modern espresso machine in 1938, and the Cadorna line is the latest manifestation of that proud history. The Cadorna line is designed and manufactured in Italy to the highest design and quality standards.
This top-of-the-line machine features a beautiful user interface with 14 preprogrammed beverages including espresso, espresso lungo, cappuccino, cappuccino XL, latte macchiato, latte macchiato XL, ristretto, coffee, americano, café au lait, café cortado, flat white, frothed milk, and hot water for infusions, tea, and hot cocoa. It will turn you into a world-class barista instantly! The super automatic Gaggia Cadorna Prestige features four user profiles and saves all your favorite drink recipes.
- 14 Available pre-programmed beverages at your fingertips.
- 4 User profiles to memorize all beverages, personalized to your preferences, and instantly available to you.
- Integrated milk carafe for the perfect temperature and texture.
- 100% Ceramic adjustable grinders are reliable and prevent overheating your coffee with that burnt flavor.
- Optiaroma allows precise control over aroma by controlling quantity of ground coffee used in each cup.
- Aroma Seal hermetically seals your bean storage to preserve freshness and flavor.
- Offers pre-brewing to enhance body and taste of espresso.
- Quick heat aluminum and stainless-steel boiler.
- Doses and tamps just the right amount of coffee for your beverage.
- Removable brew group for easy, thorough cleaning.
- Offers the option to use pre-ground coffee for decaf, etc.
- Designed with all the features you need to allow the inner-barista in you to emerge with the large variety of pre-programmed drinks and the ability to save all of your new favorites.
- Great new full color user interface accesses all beverages and features and includes back-lighted button.
- Easy maintenance with the removable brew group, automatic rinsing of the milk circuit, automatic de-scaling, and reminders on the Cadorna’s touch screen.
- Included water filter for superb taste.
- This is a single boiler machine, implying the need for a short wait for a second cup of coffee while the boiler reheats.
Final Verdict: Should You Buy This Model
The Gaggia Cadorna Prestige Super-Automatic expresso machine provides a great value point as intended by the Cadorna line. Gaggia has focused on functionality, quality, and easy maintenance. The Cadorna line benefits from being a brand-new line from Gaggia, which builds on their expertise and competitive experiences.
You should strongly consider the Gaggia Cadorna Prestige if you value the variety of drinks it can produce automatically and the design for functionality and maintainability. With a direct lineage going back to the inventor of the modern espresso machine, the prestige is a great match for a wide variety of automated drinks with a single boiler system.
Comparable Models to Consider:
We have selected two super-automatic espresso machines with similar price range and pre-programmed beverage options to the Cadorna.
The Gaggia Babila Espresso Machine (View on Amazon.com) has more high-end features than the Cadorna Prestige at a somewhat higher price. It features a one-touch brewing and frothing, bean-to-cup feature. It has a ceramic grinder with 15 settings. The Babila offers 8 programmable choices for espresso beverages. Check out our Gaggia Babila Espresso Machine review.
The Jura 15097 E8 Espresso Coffee Machine (View on Amazon.com) offers 12 beverages and 6 grind settings. It has a larger brew group and offers more strength settings and a larger maximum dose. It uses the Pulse Extraction Process (PEP) technology to optimize the extraction time. It also has an easy to use color TFT screens and great user interfaces. Check out our Jura E8 Espresso Coffee Machine review.