The Breville Oracle Touch is positioned as a high-end super automatic espresso machine with many of the features and strengths of commercial machines. Our testing and our customers attest to how well it does its job.
View Product on Amazon.com
Features of the Breville Oracle Touch
The Breville BES990BSS features 2 boilers, dedicated to brewing and steaming with digital PID temperature controls, a heated brew group, and built-in low-pressure pre-infusion.
With super-simple operation, visual touch menus (with pictures of the beverage or feature you are selecting), programming for popular drinks, and programmability for your custom drinks, the Oracle Touch delivers the perfect mix of built-in functionality and instant access to all your favorite drinks.
This Breville features an automatic dosing and self-tamping grinder that supports both single and double espresso baskets, volumetric shot programming, and professional-class automatic milk steaming.
- Automation and programmability available at every step
- Beautiful touch screen interface
- 1-touch expresso, long black, latte, flat white, and cappuccino
- Auto-on for your wake-up shot
- Dose control, with automatic tamping
- Hardened steel burr grinders with 45 grind settings
- Dual boilers for brew and steam yield rapid heat times and Digital PID controlled temperature stability
- Low Pressure Pre-infusion extracts the maximum flavors from your brew
- Steam wand (with auto clean) monitors temperature and allows adjustment of the amount of air for the perfect milk-foam every time
- Professional style 58mm heated head for hot shots every time
- Head has solenoid for easy backflushing
Pre-Infusion: What is it and why should I care
Pre-infusion is one of the latest features of top-of-the-line espresso machines. Pre-infusion is wetting the grounds with low-pressure, very hot water to maximize flavor during the subsequent extraction process.
It also prevents the creation of channels in the puck which would result in uneven extraction.
The Breville Oracle One Touch uniquely uses a pre-infusion system that starts with a very low pressure which is gradually increased during the pre-infusion process.You might also like to read: An In-depth comparison of the Best Breville Espresso Machines.
Pros of the Breville Oracle Touch
- Beautifully designed and manufactured machine—a pleasure to see and use
- Premium feel and experience
- Outstanding touch screen—bright, easy to use, much better than competitors
- Professional features
- Easy for consumers to use
- Makes great coffees and other drinks
- Pre-programmed drinks and easily programmable with your favorites
- Exceptional drink consistency with built-in tamper, PID temperature control, and volumetric shot programming
- Steam wand includes auto-aeration and temperature probe make luxurious foam an every-cup feature with little effort
Cons of the Breville Oracle Touch
- This is a larger machine—make sure it will fit you counter (almost 18 inches high by 15 inches wide)
- A few of the manual features of previous Breville Oracle Touch espresso machines have been sacrificed for design and ease of us (e.g., programmable tamp pressure)
The Breville Oracle Touch is a great espresso maker that spans the professional/consumer market.
View Product on Amazon.com
It has market leading functionality with next generation ease of use. Reliable with easy maintenance.
Comparable Model: Jura 15145 Automatic Coffee Machine vs. Breville Oracle Touch Espresso Machine
Both of these high-end prosumer espresso makers have rich feature sets and are designed and manufactured by well-known, quality espresso machine manufacturers. As you may suspect, they share many similar features.
- Similar price points
- Attractive styling
- Automatic Burr Grinders
- Pre-programmed popular drinks
- Programmable to “memorize” your personal favorite drink recipes
- Intuitive touch interfaces
- Both feature full-featured hot milk/milk foam systems
- Both feature easy maintenance and cleaning
- Both have dual boilers for simultaneous extraction and steam
View Jura on Amazon.comYou might also like to read: Jura 15145 Automatic Coffee Machine review
Some Key Differences
- The Oracle is made of stainless steel
- The Jura is manufactured of Chrome Plated steel and plastic
- The Oracle’s touch-screen display looks better (brighter) than the TFT display on the Jura machine
Which should you choose?
The Breville Oracle has a superior user interface. If that is critical to your choice, it might be the deciding factor.
Both Jura 15145 and Breville Oracle Touch have largely similar features.
There is no absolute “right” choice between these machines. Our personal preference would be for the Oracle Touch based on its user interface, stainless steel construction, and feature set.