|1||Jura GIGA 6 Automatic Coffee Center|
|10||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Jura Impressa XS90 One Touch Automatic Coffee Center|
|9.9||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Jura 15097 E8 Espresso Coffee Machine
|9.8||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Jura - Impressa F50 Classic Automatic Coffee Center |
|9.7||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Jura A9 Automatic Coffee Machine|
|9.5||Buy on Amazon|
|6||Jura IMPRESSA C65 Automatic Coffee Machine|
|9.4||Buy on Amazon|
|7||Jura 15006 Impressa C60 Automatic Coffee Center|
|9.3||Buy on Amazon|
|8||Jura D6 Automatic Coffee Machine|
|9.2||Buy on Amazon|
Espresso is the strong, yet delicious drink that most of us love to have every morning, not only because it “wakes” us up, but also because of its incredible taste. However, the truth is that buying a cup every day can easily start taking a toll on your budget, so that is why it’s best that you consider getting an espresso machine so you can start making it right at home.
Jura Elektroapparate AG is a Swiss company founded in 1931. Jura designs and distributes premium espresso machines for the past 40+ years. No matter how you like your espresso, after reading the following automatic espresso machine reviews, you’ll know exactly which machine you should get.
The Jura GIGA 6, reflective of Jura’s Swiss design excellence and precision, is essentially a professional espresso machine for home use. The design, materials, and construction are what you might expect to find in a premium commercial machine.
The GIGA 6 has 28 specialty drinks pre-programmed into the machine, all available intuitively through a color touchscreen and rotary dial panel. You can also control your brewing experience from your Smart Phone!
In addition to the 28 pre-programmed specialty drinks, you have control over virtually every aspect of production these drinks. For example, you can set 10 different milk temperatures, 3 brewing temperatures, and 10 strength settings. You can also adjust strength and volume while you are brewing.
This unit features two Thermoblock boilers and two ceramic disc grinders (featuring automatic adjustment). You can be making coffee and heating milk at the same time. You can be grinding two different coffee beans for your guests.
Jura’s Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P.) ensures that all of the flavor and aroma in your coffee beans ends up on your brew.
If you want the finest in features and quality, you should consider the GIGA 6 to enjoy commercial quality and features in your home expresso machine. Read our detailed review of Jura Giga 6.
As the name implies, the Jura Impressa J9 is an excellent espresso machine that will make you question the quality of the espresso drinks you’ve had before it. Not only does it impress with its modern, clean and luxurious design, but it’s also extremely easy to operate even if you’ve never used an espresso machine before.
Upon pushing the rotary button, you’ll also gain access to a list of specialty drinks and a short guide on how to make your very own delicious beverages. You’ll also learn more about how to refill your water tank, how to maintain the machine and also how to change the color scheme of the screen. Talk about customization on this one!
- The latte macchiato and cappuccino buttons make it a breeze to brew your favorite coffee. By pushing any of them, the coffee is ground, the milk is siphoned, heated and then frothed into the cup. After that, the coffee will be ready in seconds.
- You can easily adjust the coffee spout in height from two point five to six inches.
- You can access various functions of the machine by using the rotary dial. Some of them include machine information, maintenance, programming and more.
- Thanks to the clearyl water care system, decalcifying is rendered obsolete.
- Pre-ground coffee funnel with the bypass doser for delicious coated or flavored pre ground coffee.
- Can keep twenty point three oz of milk cold for up to 8h thanks to the insulated milk container (stainless steel).
- Automated milk frothing system.
- 2 temperature levels and 3 coffee strength levels to choose from. Water volume, brewing temperature, steam and water positions and Auto on/off.
- Sound insulated steel conical burr grinder (commercial grade), featuring 6 fineness settings.
- You can set the J9 to a total of 7 languages. It can also display time and cup size in both US and European format, can be set to turn off and on automatically and can keep track of all activities.
- The touch TFT display makes it easy to select from a wide range of drinks, get alerted when you need to refill the water tank and keep machine maintenance on track.
- One of the best things about the J9 is that you can easily program just about anything. The main categories include hot water, milk, latte, cappuccino, but also espresso and coffee which can be customized even further.
- The touch screen interface, including the DVD makes it easy for anyone to learn how to make the most of their J9 espresso machine.
- The milk may not be hot enough for everybody’s taste.
- With this machine, manual steaming isn’t enough. Therefore, if you’re particular when it comes to the temperature of your milk, make sure to get a model that features a steam wand.
Overall, the J9 is a pretty impressive espresso machine that makes it easy for you to prepare a wide range of drinks with the push of a button. On top of that, maintenance is also a breeze, so you won’t need to worry about spending a lot of time on that.
The first thing that comes to mind to anyone who sees the Jura Impressa XS90 is “Wow”. That is because this espresso machine is so amazing, so packed with features and so good at making the perfect espresso, that words fail to describe how incredible it actually is. This is a commercial duty espresso machine that was designed for use in either a restaurant or an office and features the company’s popular 1-touch milk frothing system and 2 independent boilers (stainless steel).
Together, they help coffee enthusiasts prepare the perfect espresso every single time. Use the center spouts to select from hot water for tea, a shot of espresso, or a cup of coffee or opt for milk for hot chocolate, cappuccinos or lattes. The interface of the XS90 is very user friendly and given the fact it features automatic cleaning capabilities, you don’t need to worry about cleaning it yourself.
- The buttons of the Jura XS90 can be easily programmed for setting volume, strength and temperature of the espresso dispensed. If you take a closer look at the right side of the XS90, you’ll notice that the multi function button is perfect for programming the lattes or cappuccino, including the strength and amount of milk, but also the temperature of espresso dispensed. If you want, then you can even adjust the milk’s foaminess.
- The burr grinder is perfectly insulated and is the quietest among all other espresso machines on the market today.
- You’ll be very happy to know what this model features a pre-ground funnel for decaf coffee or espresso. All you need to do is add 1 or 2 scoops of pre-ground espresso or coffee as an alternative to the beans in the hopper.
- Because the XS90 features a water level sensor, you can always make sure that water tank is full.
- The cappuccino function allows you to make foam to enjoy delicious hot chocolate, cappuccinos or lattes with the touch of a button.
- Large bean hopper features sensors that let you know when you’re running out of beans.
- Ability to adjust the height of the coffee spouts to fit shorter and taller cups.
- No worries about maintenance, thanks to the automatic cleaning capabilities.
- The machine isn’t as easy to use as some other Jura models.
- Since there’s no manual frothing, people who love drinking their milk at specific temperatures may want to look for a different Jura model.
Overall, the Jura XS90 is an impressive machine for office use. However, it can certainly be used in a commercial establishment, too.
The Jura E8 Espresso Coffee Machine is an impressive unit, providing full super-automatic capability in a compact counter-top size with a number of unique features.
The Jura E8 utilizes a proprietary Pulse Extraction Process to pre-infuse the coffee beans and to maximize extraction in the shortest time possible. The advantage to you is that tis P.E.P. technology gives you unmatched intensity and aroma to your coffee drinks.
The build-in burr grinder reduces grinding time by one half over competitive machines while being adjustable for 6 grinds. This fine machine has a great water filtration system built in with an automatic reminder for filter changes and notification of when to refill your water reservoir. It has an 18 bar pump for better extraction.
This Jura Espresso Coffee Machine can prepare two drinks at once. The foam/frothing system is state of the art, producing fine, airy foam on demand for superior specialty drinks.
The user interface and LED display on the E8 makes it a snap to use, which all add up to the Jura E8 Espresso Coffee Machine being an attractive choice for those looking for an upper-end super automatic espresso machine.
The Jura Super Automatic F50 pump driven espresso machine takes care of everything for the coffee lover with the push of a single button: it grinds the beans, brews the coffee and finally ejects the puck. In fact, due to its various functions, design and overall usability, it’s highly recommended for novice level baristas or people who want to conveniently prepare their coffee. Also, compared to a steam machine, the F50 uses a greater pressure and therefore makes your espresso taste a lot better.
Customizing your espresso settings when using the F50 is a breeze. In fact, the machine features eleven look-up and programming functions, including language, stats, auto off/on, time, temperature, aroma, but also hardness, filter, 24h PM/AM and milliliter/ounce.
Jura frothXpress + Steamer
The Express + steamer siphons the milk from the milk container (automatically), mixes it with the hot steam and eventually delivers a frothed, hot milk to make your cappuccino taste amazing. And the best thing about this is that it can be done with the push of a button.
If you want to steam and froth milk for 1 or 2 cups, you can take advantage of the dual Frother+ system that’s very simple to use. Featuring settings for cappuccino and latte, you can easily prepare your favorite drink in seconds. You’ll then be alerted when the machine is ready to steam and if you want, you can also dial in your desired steaming time by using the Rotary Switch.
Tailored To Your Specific Needs
The F50 can be programmed so that it remembers all your favorite cup sizes. This can be done by placing your cup underneath the nozzle and then filling it in the quantity you need. By using this function, the machine will prepare you a perfect drink every single time you use it.
Active Bean Management
Featuring 2 bean sensors (electronic) for each coffee hopper, the F50 will alert you when any of them need to be filled with beans, so that you never run out of them. The machine also features a similar sensor for the water tank.
The IPBAS system is a special 2 step pre infusion cycle that conditions and also moistens the ground coffee to get the best flavor extraction with excellent crema topping. Thanks to the great functionality of the F50, you can brew from 1 to 16 oz cups of coffee in 5 different strength settings. It can also grind from five to max sixteen g of coffee, ranging in strength from extra mild to extra strong.
Water Hardness Selector and Consumption Count
Last but not least, this machine features 5 level water hardness selectors and makes it a breeze to set it to your specific water hardness. On top of that, it can also count the number of coffee cups you’ve consumed, how many times the machine was cleaned, how often the steam function was used and so on. If you want, you can keep stats on a daily basis.
- One touch cappuccino function.
- Drip tray and cleaning alert makes it easy to know when it’s time to empty the tray and clean the machine.
- Comes with a cup warmer function to heat up the cup and enjoy a better tasting coffee drink.
- May be a bit harder to use by novice users.
- Some users have reported it may take longer sometimes for the F50 to heat the cup.
The new Jura A9 automatic with touch screen and slide interface is very simple to use and very intuitive as well. Design wise, the A9 features a compact design that makes it easy to deliver your favorite beverages in a small footprint. On top of that, it also makes it possible to use any type of beans you want so that you can brew the coffee you love. Since it has such a small footprint, this is a perfect choice for anyone living in a small apartment.
- You get easy and fast access to setting and beverage menus thanks to the sharp touchscreen color display.
- If it’s not used for 5 minutes, the machine will switch on to the energy efficient mode and then turn off in 2h. There’s also a 0 energy switch which ensures that the A9 won’t draw out energy when it’s not used.
- The A9 features a professional grade grinder that effectively grinds the beans prior to brewing them.
- The A9 features illuminated and adjustable cup spouts that make it possible to use cups that are up to five point five inches tall.
- Designed and built with clean lines, the A9 features brushed a stainless steel drip tray, aluminum side panes and a black front and top. The machine also introduces 2 new coffee sections, including the cappuccino and macchiato doppio.
- The Jura A9 truly shines in the milk drinks department. It features 2 height adjustable spouts that go anywhere from two point two and up to five point four inches if you plan on using taller However, when it comes to the milk, the machine uses a pick-up tube system. What this means is that now you can just place the tube into the milk container and prepare delicious milk based drinks. For better results though, it’s best that you either get Jura’s cool control milk cooler or their optional thermal milk container. That’s because not only is it better to keep milk chilled for sanitary reasons, but chilled milk also produces better froth.
- 10 energy and automatic energy saving modes are kind to Mother Nature and also your wallet.
- Simple to program and use touch screen.
- Thanks to its narrow design, the A9 will take little space on your countertop.
- The bean hopper and water tank are on the small side, resulting in more frequent refills.
- The milk may not be hot enough for everybody.
- Depending on the type of cabinets you have, it may be difficult to see the touch screen.
With a wide range of features and great programmability, the A9 Automatic is an impressive coffee machine that comes in a compact and beautiful design that’s certainly going to fit in just about any kitchen.
Combining an elegant choice of colors, understated design, the latest technology and solid, proven quality, the Impressa C65 is a unique espresso machine with powerful and intelligent features that will surprise even the most demanding coffee connoisseurs. The C65 features an Aroma Plus grinder that is now 2x as fast, yet still able to preserve the aroma of the fresh beans for a delicious tasting cup of coffee.
The fine foam frother creates a nicely textured and simply irresistible milk foam for the ideal finishing touch to your latte or cappuccino macchiato. Given the fact it supports up to eleven languages and a Rotary Switch, the C65 is very easy to operate and program.
Thanks to the eleven language display (plain text) and the Rotary Switch, the perfect coffee is just a touch of a button away. Better yet, the C65 is also very easy to care for and program, making it ideal for just about any coffee lover.
2x As Fast Aroma Plus Grinder
Jura’s engineers managed to improve the cutting angle inside the grinding cone, which in turn greatly increased the machine’s efficiency. What this means for you, the user, is that you can make deliciously tasting coffee twice as fast compared to using a regular coffee machine and with significantly less noise to worry about.
Frother That Produces A Very Fine Foam
The unique fine foam technology in the C65 ensures that your milk foam has a feather light and fine consistency. In fact, this is crucial if you want to give the finishing touch to a perfect coffee.
Coffee Spout Height Can Be Easily Adjusted
Most modern coffee machines will feature a foam frother and this is also a vital part of a coffee machine like the Jura C65. The majority of users actually require this feature in order to make tasty lattes and cappuccinos. The good news is that the Jura C65 does indeed feature a revolutionary fine foam technology that ensures the milk has lots of foam. On top of that, the coffee spout’s height is adjustable, so you can easily fit a wide range of cups ranging from sixty five millimeters and up to one hundred and eleven millimeters.
An Overall Amazing Espresso Maker
If you’ve been using espresso machines for quite a while now, then you are probably fully aware of what makes a good espresso machine. Running a fifteen-bar pressure into the grounds, the Jura C65 can easily extract the right flavor from your coffee beans. Better yet, you can use its wide range of programmable options in order to adjust the brewing temperatures with two levels to boot, coffee strength (in four levels) and also the amount of water used.
Lastly, the one point nine liter water tank is enough to make dozens of shots, while thanks to the switch off time (which is programmable), you can easily save a lot of power while enjoying your espresso.
1. One button maintenance.
- Coffee spout height can be adjusted from sixty five to one hundred and eleven millimeters.
- Special program for descaling, cleaning and rinsing.
- Ability to adjust the strength of each type of coffee you make.
- A bit pricey.
- Not the best choice for those who love to heavily customize their espresso.
Always keeping ahead of the curve and improving, Jura has managed to create a machine that not only mimics, but also builds up and improves on previous models. The C60 is the successor of the highly popular C5 and what makes it special is the fact that it offers the same excellent 1-touch functionality that helps millions prepare their perfect espresso in seconds and with improved convenience.
The improvements are quite a few, including the four selectable strength options that helps determine the dosage of the shots you want to brew between five and sixteen grams of coffee. If you want, you can easily tailor your experience with programmable pre-brewing, brew temperature and water volume. You can make the adjustments by using the rotary switch and the good news is that the machine will remember your preferences so you can brew the same delicious cup of coffee next time.
But what about the frother, you may ask? Well, the way it works is that it siphons milk from a container into a special frothing device (automated) which delivers richly textured foam for any milk based drink you want to prepare. If you want, then you can even accessorize the machine by purchasing Jura’s Cool control milk containers.
Water Tank Capacity
The Jura C60 has a fairly large water tank with a capacity of sixty four ounces. The bean hopper also has a respectable capacity of seven ounces and features an aroma preservation lid as well. As for the brew drawer, you won’t need to empty it too soon, since it can hold up to sixteen pucks of coffee. On top of that, the C60 also comes with a bypass doser, which means that on top of whole beans, you can also brew pre-ground coffee.
Maintaining the C60 is a breeze and that’s because it has special descaling and rinsing programs. The latter can be easily programmed while taking into account the hardness of the water in your area and how many times a month you want to use it. If you’re an energy conscious person, then you can program the C60 with designated shut off times in order to save energy when you’re not using the machine.
Using a high performance fifteen bar pump and a powerful thermoblock boiler, the Jura C60 is able to brew coffee very fast and with amazing results. You can easily program your desired water volume and coffee dosage in order to brew a delicious shot every single time. You can also use the 2 brew temperature settings, including the IPBAS system to ensure crema rich extractions. However, if you’d like to brew with pre ground coffee, the bypass doser is certainly going to help you get some great results with that. Lastly, the C60 features height adjustable spouts, meaning you can use cups that are anywhere between two point six to four point four inches tall.
Clearyl Filtration System
Thanks to the Clearyl Filtration system, the C60 is able to remove the impurities from the water used to make your favorite beverage in order to improve its quality and extend the lifespan of the machine.
- Large water tank.
- Easily adjust the strength of your espresso.
- Automatic cleaning.
- Easy-to-use steam knob produces a very fine and rich steam.
- The drip tray may be on the small side for some people.
The Jura D6 Super Automatic Espresso machine delivers on the features most coffee lovers will want without the distractions of having so many options that making a simple espresso or cappuccino becomes difficult.
It is designed to produce exquisite tasting coffee, cappuccino, and espresso drinks in under 60 seconds. It has a straight-forward text and rotary knob interface, or it can be controlled through your smart device with the use of Smart Connect App.
Purchasers frequently note that the drinks produced by the D6 are consistently excellent in flavor and in the quality of the milk foam. Many purchasers laud the convenience and power of the Smart Connect App. The Blue Tooth controller for this app is a recommended purchase along with the machine itself.
The Jura D6 can customize water level, temperature, and coffee strength to create the perfect drink for you.
With the D line, Jura has made some important improvements to the grinder angles to produce enhanced aroma. This combines with P.E.P. (Pulse Extraction Process technology) to optimize flavor in your beverage.
Overall, the Jura D6 does an excellent job on professional barista quality espresso, coffee, and cappuccino. Clean-up is a breeze, and the water filter ensures continued superior performance. The D6 is a fine choice if you are content with the drink selections offered.
Final Verdict: Which is The Best Jura Super Automatic Espresso Machine?
The Jura GIGA 6 Automatic Coffee Center (View on Amazon.com) absolutely is one of the finest super automatic espresso machines on the market for use in your home or small business. Made in Switzerland, its impressive features are not cheap. It includes a great 4.3-inch color touch screen interface to almost any custom drink you can imagine. 28 specialty coffee drinks are built in and can be customized.
The GIGA 6 has two of almost everything—15 bar high-pressure pumps, Thermoblock heating systems, ceramic coffee grinders, and dispensing heads. It has a huge water reservoir (87 oz) which uses a smart water filter that eliminates descaling. The height of the spouts is easily adjustable, so it works with virtually any size of cup or glass. P.E.P. brewing is used to produce exceptional tasting drinks.
Jura has a smartphone app (J.O.E.) which graphically controls the entire process. You can even use the app to “take orders” and the app will queue the orders and produce them as soon as the previous drink is done. Pre-programmed drinks include coffee Cortado, Macchiato, Lattes, Cappuccino, and others. A unique feature of this machine is that it will brew a pot of coffee (up to 80 oz) with the full espresso taste and quality.
Jura offers an impressive range of milk containers to provide cold milk for milk foam, milk froth, and hot milk drinks. Check out the Jura heavy glass milk container (View on Amazon.com) or Jura Cool Control (View on Amazon.com).
If your budget will support the Jura GIGA 6, you absolutely should consider this fine machine.
Which is The Best-Value Jura Automatic Espresso Machine?
If you would like to enjoy Jura’s fine espresso but don’t need all the bells-and-whistles of the GIGA 6, the Jura D6 Automatic Espresso machine (View on Amazon.com) is a great value choice. The D6 comes pre-programmed to make 7 specialty coffees, including espresso, Cappuccino, caffe latte, hot milk, and hot water.
The D6 features an automatic Aroma grinder and also offers a bypass circuit to allow the use of pre-ground coffees. This Jura has a large water reservoir (63.6 oz) and holds 7.1 oz of beans for the grinder. Like the GIGA 6, the D6 espresso machine can utilize the J.O.E. app to allow control of the programming and espresso brewing process via a visual interface on your smart phone or table.
The user interface on the machine is via a dial with an orange textual display; the J.O.E. interface (linked by Bluetooth) is much more interesting and fun.
This Jura D6 is a great value if you don’t want to spring for the considerably more expensive machines like the GIGA 6. It produces fine quality beverages, and, like other Jura espresso machines feature a filter which eliminates scaling and simplifies maintenance. Also like the Giga 6, you may want to add a milk container—either the Jura glass milk container or one of the Jura Cool Control actively refrigerated milk containers.